Tuesday, September 9, 2008

In Times of Trouble

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. (Psalm 46:1-3)

This scripture is such a powerful reminder of how there is absolutely no reason to worry or be afraid of anything, of any situation. God is or place of hiding and protection when life falls down all around us. He's always here ready and able to help us in times of trouble. Because of that fact, we do not have to fear-ANYTHING!

Right now we are in the midst of perhaps the most contested presidential election in the history of America and foolishly we are looking to 2 candidates to save us from a failing economy, unaffordable healthcare, an inadequate educational system and to rescue us from a war that was declared under false pretenses. While I'm sure both candidates mean well and really want to be the answer to what ails America, the simple fact remains, they don't have the qualifications for the job. No amount of time in a POW camp or time spent in congress can provide the cure that this country and this world needs right now. Raising millions of dollars in support of these candidates will not buy us out of our failed mortgage crisis nor will it plug the dyke of economic woes that seem to be flooding upon us fast and furious. So today, I'm casting my faith upon God, my refuge for he is the only true agent of change. He provides the change I can believe in. For he can change my financial failings into financial abundance. He can change my failing health into a testimony of healing and renewal. Only God can protect me from the wars that rage all around me and so with that knowledge I will look to the hills from which all of my help comes and I will not fear when the earth gives way and the mountains fall into the sea. Though the waters roar and surge and the mountains quake I am assured that my God and your God is our refuge in times of trouble.

Be Blessed...

No comments: