Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's Hot!

I guess I'm spoiled when it comes to good weather. You see, I'm a resident and native of San Diego, California and our weather is second to none. We indeed have no complaints when it comes to sunshine and perfect weather conditions. Today, I'm in Las Vegas, it's 103 degrees and I cannot even imagine living in such heat! Each time I step out of my air conditioned room, I wonder how long it will take before I burst into flames. I'm amazed, watching the locals walking around unphased by this obvious misery! I know I sound like a drama queen and as I step back into my room and off of my neurotic high horse, I re-focus and begin to realize how blessed I am to be alive to feel the heat against my skin. I know things could be a lot worse and so I'm thankful because I could be breathing another fire, that fire of eternal damnation for living a life of unrequited love to God and an arrogant refusal to turn from my wicked ways to repentance. So, I say, thank you God for another chance.
I am so thankful, that I have a relationship with the one and only true and living God! His mercy sustains me and keeps me cool in the midst of the firestorms of life. As Christians, we should always be hot and not lukewarm as we live uncompromising lives for Christ. We should be uncomfortable in a world of sin and evil and long for a life eternally with the Him who made us. We must be on fire for the Lord, totally consumed in earthly work that will win souls to the Kingdom. Let us begin to stoke the fires again, as we burn and yearn for a closer walk with God. So, as I prepare to step out into the Las Vegas heat, I pray for an internal heat wave that will energize me to service to God and motivate me to live my life that will bring honor and glory to God!
Be Blessed...

No comments: