Wednesday, July 23, 2008

'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word; Just to rest upon His promise, just to know, "Thus saith the Lord." Jesus, Jesus how I trust Him! How I've proved Him o'er and o'er! Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! O for grace to trust Him more!

This song was written by Louisa M.R. Stead over 100 years ago, yet they ring in my ear like fresh morning rain. It reminds me how comforting it is to serve a Savior that I can trust. All I have to do is place everything in His hands and He promises to take care it. Not only can I trust Him but I have a guarantee backed by His blood that was shed for me, that He will never leave nor forsake me! No one can offer such a iron-clad promise except Jesus. Our family, friends, husbands, wives, no matter there good intentions, cannot make that promise and cannot be trusted like Jesus. And how do we know this to be true? Because He said so. Everytime I've had a problem or I needed to talk, or cry or ask why, Jesus was and is always available to listen, to wipe away my tears, to answer my questions and to solve my problems. I can trust Him, I can take Him at His word and I can rest upon His promise, just to know, "Thus saith the Lord." Everytime I call on Him, it proves that I can trust him and that His promise is true and each time I pray, it's for grace to trust Him even more.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him! How I've proved Him o'er and o'er! Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! O for grace to trust Him more!

No comments: