Friday, June 27, 2008

God Doesn't Make Mistakes


“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11.

Hello All:

I’m sitting here at my desk, fighting the temptation to feel sorry for myself. The harder I try to dwell on the disappointments and pain of recent events; I just can’t sit here in a puddle of self-pity. My son placed a CD in my car yesterday and I have played it non-stop and it has ministered to my heart. J Moss is singing, “God Doesn’t Make Mistakes.” How true, He knows exactly what He is doing. In spite of the desires of our hearts, our secrets wants and dreams, if they are contrary to God’s plan, then it will not add any good to our lives. No matter what we want, God wants better for us and guess what? He has already seen the full picture of our lives. Sometimes, pain is a by-product of being out of step with God’s will. Pain can even be a part of the breaking and re-building process we must go through to be prepared to receive the blessings God has for us. Sometimes we even get those secrets wishes, but God cannot bless until we are fully prepared to receive. Preparation requires change, growth and a willingness to be obedient even when we don’t understand the “Why” of the matter. We simply must trust God in spite of and in the midst of the pain and uncertainty. Just trust Him to never make a mistake, to never fail and to never lie. Submit and stop resisting the plan of God, for he has a special place in that plan just for us. Seek God, not man, seek righteousness, not wealth, seek wisdom and not fame. When we thirst for God and chase after Him with all of our strength then we will feel how it truly feels to be loved, to be wealthy and to be wise.

So as I sit here, the music has long stopped playing, I am filled with joy and hope as I reflect on the blessings that God has already given me. I’m healthy, safe and so is each of my family members and friends. I actually can feel God’s presence in the room. I’m comforted in knowing that God truly loves me! He knows me better than I know myself. His plan is awesome and only known fully by Him. He’s been kind enough to let me in on a few of the details of this plan; first, his plan is that I will prosper, that I will not be harmed and plans that I will have hope and a future. Wow! That’s good news! I know things don’t always go our way and that’s probably the best news of all, for if they did, we’d surely be in a world of hurt or made a decision that would have cost us our very souls. But because God loves us so much, after all, He did send his Son to die for our sins, He’s got our back. Just think about all that he does to clean up what we mess up just so in the end he can bless us. I woke up this morning, breathing and blessed to see the dawning of a new day, I was able to get out of bed and get ready for work. Then I arrived safely and no harm came to me as I unlocked the building and began my day. Pity party? Not today! I can’t dishonor what God has already done for me by dwelling on things I have no control over. I am happy and overjoyed that I serve a God that wants only the best for me. I don’t have to be anybody but who He made me to be. As J. Moss sings, “Nobody is a nobody, God never makes mistakes,” I am comforted that weeping may endure for a moment but joy comes in the morning. What a mighty, loving, wise and awesome God we serve. He’s a Father who wants only the best for me, so, I’ll lean on His everlasting arms and wait patiently, seek earnestly, praise whole-heartedly as He continues to do all that He’s promised.

God Bless You this Day,

Cynthia

No comments: