Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A State of Contentment

"I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity" Philippians 4:11
These words were written by the apostle Paul, out of his own experience many years ago and can aid us as Christians today. In coping in these difficult economic times we are being forced to reevaluate our lives and lifestyle as we adjust to shrinking finances and opportunities. I have learned that it is indeed possible to find happiness in these uncertain and every changing times. I look around me and I can always find someone in a tougher situation, dealing with problems that I cannot imagine myself having to tackle. While I do not gain strength in the suffering of others, I do gain strength in their determination to survive and succeed in spite of their conditions. We are only defeated if we give up and surrender to our challenges and believe what satan so desperately wants us to believe that we are doomed to lives of hardship and struggle and unhappiness and that the only way to be happy and successful is to consume our minds and spirits with attaining the "things" of this world.
Well, I'm here to tell you that happiness is not tied to wealth, fame, power and worldly recognition. Happiness and success is directly and without question tied to our relationship with a Father who made us in His image, who loves us unconditionally and only wants the best for us. Nothing happens by mistake God knows exactly what He is doing. We must trust that God has something better for us on the other side of our current situation. If we are homeless, He has a home; if we are unemployed He has a job or a business waitiing for us when this season of unemployemnt or financial difficulty is over. If we are struggling with health issues or relationship issues God has a healing for us. Storms are times when God has our full attention and can speak to us and show His face more clearly in our lives.
Embrace your storm as a time to find contentment as you pursue a greater relationship with God. Focus on your faith and concentrate not on the situation but on preparing yourself for a victorious outcome. Create your own definition of success. It's not what the world tells you but it's what God has for you if you seek His kingdom and its righteousness first. If you do, then watch God do the rest!
Be Blessed...

No comments: