Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Indignity of it All!

2 Samuel 6:12-23 tells the story of David's return after picking up the Ark of God from Obed-Edom. When he arrived in the City of David, he began to worship and praise God. The scripture says he danced before the Lord with all his might. He danced right out of his clothes much to the dismay and anger of his wife Michal, daughter of Saul. Once David returned home, he was met with the wrath of his wife as she ridiculed him for his "inappropriate" and "undignified" actions earlier in the day. David informed his wife that he was chosen by the Lord and because of that he would continue to give God undignified praise.

We as God's children, who have been chosen by Him, like David must be willing to humiliate ourselves and get down right ugly for the Lord. We must praise Him with all of our might even if it means we look or act undignified. God's goodness, mercy and love warrant our whole praise without regard to what anyone else thinks.

When I think about what God has brought me through, sickness, depression, grief and everything else too numerous to name, I want to praise Him with all of my might even if it means I look crazy, act insane or sweat out my perm. Won't you join me?

Be Blessed...

No comments: