Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Poster Child For Grace

"I waited patiently for the Lord; And he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise; many shall see it, and fear it and trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:1
I'm sure if I were to attempt to take a poll among Christians and record every testimony I would surely have chosen a mission that would take thousands of lifetimes to record. Even in my own life I could never name all of the times God has blessed me. I grew up hearing seasoned Christians say, "through many dangers, toils and snares I have already come," and I never paid much attention. Now, as someone who has lived a little and gone through my own trials and challenges of life, I know that it was God's amazing grace that has lovingly allowed me to be here safe and alive to talk about it.
As Christians we should always be ready with a testimony on our lips. Daily we are presented with opportunities to tell someone that God really does hear and answer prayers; that He never lies and he will do just what he said he will do. As Christians we are ambassadors for Christ; we must be ready and willing to talk about God and able to represent him by the way we live our lives. We are living examples of His goodness.
Each one of us are poster children of His grace. Just like every major cause in the world appoints someone to be the face of that cause, we have been appointed to be the face of Christianity. When out in the world we ought to be recognized as a child of God; that person who has been delivered from impossible situations and a person who proudly worships the name of Jesus and one who unashamedly, will invite you to join them in His cause of eternal salvation.
There are so many men, women, and children that need to hear the testimonies of those who truly know the Lord; our experiences with God enable us to help others who are struggling. Let us not be silent and content with sitting on our testimonies; now is the time to stand and take up our cause, share our stories and become poster children of God's amazing grace!
Lord, you have delivered us from so many dangers, toils and snares
and we thank you. For every sickness that you've healed,
every tear dried, we know beyond any doubt it was You.
Your grace and mercy has brought us and taught us.
Even in the midnights of our lives, your light has guided us
to the other side of our circumstance and for that we
will forever tell the stories and proclaim your name
to those who need a word about what God can do.
Amen!

...until we meet again





No comments: